Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority, reverent of individual liberty” deemed domestic threat.
According to this article by Paul Joseph Watson, The Department of Homeland Security has funded a study that characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as terrorists.
Since I abhor federal authority, and am always suspicious, and revere individual liberty, I guess that I have been added to the terrorist list. Actually, I was probably added long ago.
The study was completed at the University of Maryland to the tune of $12 million dollars, and is titled Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States, 1970-2008 (PDF). It concentrates on Americans who would fall into the categories of “conservatives” and libertarians, but most conservatives I know love big and powerful government, so long as they are in power.
Here is the criteria for determining who are terrorists:
- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;
- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;
- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);
- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;
- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;
- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”
I’m certainly not nationalistic, nor am I anti-global, but I fit all the rest of these definitions to a tee, as I suspect most of my readers do as well. This is scary stuff to be sure, and with loose definitions such as those listed above, virtually anyone can be classified as a terrorist. I imagine that was the purposeful intent of the study.
When liberty lovers are the ones considered to be a threat to the nation state, that means that no liberty really exists.
The abhorrent and evil DHS is possibly the most dangerous government agency in the country, so by contracting this study, it is attempting to legitimize its future aggressions against freedom. By using fear mongering techniques, it is setting us up for domestic policing based on false propaganda. This is a dangerous ploy, but it is also a very serious effort by this government agency to get rid of all those who would speak up and defend their liberty. Don’t be fooled by this ruse, and don’t be surprised when police state abuse and Martial Law are the norm!