The White House is continuing its multiple efforts at scaremongering in order to convince Americans of the grave threat of cyber attacks. It is interesting that this most corrupt government wants to gain full and total control over the Internet and communications networks, in order to protect us lowly citizens. But who then would protect us from this criminal government?
Here is Obama’s 10 point near term plan overview:
Near Term Actions
The President’s Cyberspace Policy Review identifies 10 near term actions to support our cybersecurity strategy:
- Appoint a cybersecurity policy official responsible for coordinating the Nation’s cybersecurity policies and activities.
- Prepare for the President’s approval an updated national strategy to secure the information and communications infrastructure.
- Designate cybersecurity as one of the President’s key management priorities and establish performance metrics
- Designate a privacy and civil liberties official to the NSC cybersecurity directorate.
- Conduct interagency-cleared legal analyses of priority cybersecurity-related issues.
- Initiate a national awareness and education campaign to promote cybersecurity.
- Develop an international cybersecurity policy framework and strengthen our international partnerships.
- Prepare a cybersecurity incident response plan and initiate a dialog to enhance public-private partnerships.
- Develop a framework for research and development strategies that focus on game-changing technologies that have the potential to enhance the security, reliability, resilience, and trustworthiness of digital infrastructure.
- Build a cybersecurity-based identity management vision and strategy, leveraging privacy-enhancing technologies for the Nation.
What this indicates is the desire of the executive branch to build a massive bureaucracy aimed at total control of cyberspace. According to Wikipedia:
“Cyberspace is the electronic medium of computer networks, in which online communication takes place.”
If this government is allowed to take full control of cyberspace, regardless of the so-called motives, we all could easily become powerless to speak, or to expose the government’s crimes and actions. That simply is not an option worth any consideration! This is more dangerous than most any of the sheep in this country can imagine.